We are Hiring!
TEACHER VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT:
We are interviewing for the following positions for the 2017-2018 school year:
All Core Subjects
- Do you believe all students have the capacity to imagine, create, and do incredible things?
- Are you excited about the recent innovations in personalized learning and ready to try them out yourself?
- Are you an epic collaborator with students, colleagues, parents, and instructional coaches?
- Are you ready to be a mentor to a small group of students for their entire high school journey?
- Do you have a “can do” attitude and relish in the opportunity to problem solve using the latest data?
Our Needs: We are a small, Denver-based charter high school that implements personalized, relationship-based learning. Check us out at ventureprep.org. We need experienced, strong-willed faculty members who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty to prove our students can and will accomplish anything. We’re looking for fierce collaborators, innovative thinkers, and professionals ready to ensure dramatic educational outcomes in their classrooms. An exceptional candidate, in his/her resume and/or interview will have demonstrated the following in past employment:
- Record of achieving outcomes
- Effective use of project-based learning
- Passion for creating a joyful learning environment for diverse students
- Comfort using or learning how to use new technologies
- Ability to teach students as individuals
- Belief that you are an agent for impact in students’ lives
- REQUIRED : Bachelor’s degree & valid teacher cert. in desired content area
Looking to Stand out?
- Experience working in a Title I school
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Masters degree in teaching (or related)
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required license or certification: Teaching Certificate
Salary: aligned to Denver Public Schools (based on experience, education, and licensure)
Please answer each question in 300 words or less in your cover letter:
- How have you personalized instruction in your classroom to ensure students of all backgrounds and ability achieve learning goals? What outcomes did you achieve?
- When did you set a goal and achieve it? Describe the outcomes.
- Describe how you prepare for a new unit.
- A favorite unit plan you designed or adapted for your own classroom
- A favorite lesson plan
Job Type: Full-time
- Teaching: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Teaching Certificate